Monday, September 5, 2011

Kirovakan and Alaverdi

:) in Kirovakan


Alaverdi- a mosaic face on the hill. I think it's Hovannes Tumanyan!


It's too bad Peace Corps Volunteers can't be placed in Alaverdi (well it's good they can't because of the copper mining and arsenic dump)... but the surrounding areas are very beautiful and everyone I met was nice. I only spent a couple hours in Alaverdi waiting for a taxi to come get me because there is no public transportation from Kirovakan to Noyemberyan on Sundays. I saw the cable cars running, ate a really good meal at a restaurant for 1000 AMD (about $2.50), and watched kids playing on the large sports fields.




My bus trip was so long going from site to Kirovakan on Saturday I had to resort to playing with my camera. I thought this guy's shirt was funny to look at on the 3 1/2 hours I spent sitting behind him. On a good day, it should have been almost 2 hours. It says "Never confuse fashion with personal style expression". Sir, I agree. But which one are you trying to accomplish?


Check out the (very basic) webpage called "Give a Squat" I made for the Kindergarten's Bathroom Renovation project here: https://sites.google.com/site/giveasquat/

No comments:

Post a Comment