Saturday, August 13, 2011

cinnamon peach jam fail, woodcarving



i worked on a cinnamon peach jam this week. this was my first time canning without experienced help, so i think 50% success rate is alright! i only had 2 jars worth, and while sealing the first i was a little too forceful with tightening and.... fail! the other is cooling & waiting for me- i'm hoping the lid doesn't pop up and down!


this is a little woodcarving a guy at Koghb's Art Camp made for me when i learning the basics from my new teacher, Artur. i've took a couple stateside woodcarving/woodworking classes in my time but Armenians really seem to have a specific, direct way in which they teach and expect a student to learn. i'm sort of used to "anything goes", and find its a bit refreshing to learn a process from step 1. everyone seems to think its funny i plan to make a stone hotchcar before i leave, because women usually do not carve. the kid who carved my name above was carving in stone and i was carving little X like nautical stars like the two above but in a row and much deeper... should have took a picture of what i did, but there will be better things in the future!


No comments:

Post a Comment