Monday, February 21, 2011

Milli's 6th bday

Milli, Gohar, Shushanik, Mehair





What it looks like outside from my porch & how far away I am from the Lindens
(they are in the building in the back middle)


So, I realized from reading my friend Kathryn's blog that you don't need a camera to blog on the same day I received my new camera. No more skipping out- I might as well share my stories or put in links;)
Today was my little friend Milli's 6th Birthday. Her mother is my tutor, and she's also my "host cousin". I gave her an adorable little CareBear that Oakes had sent me in a package and she was so excited! I came to the party just in time to cheer her up with a present, at the time she was really sad about her father not being there.
I can't imagine having a parent leaving for months or years at a time to work in another country. Losing a parent permanently is much worse- but unwantingly leaving the country out of necessity to provide for one's family is a sad situation. Things are expensive here, a normal sweater can cost the same as what most teachers make in a month or at least- half. Food prices are a major topic of conversation- especially since the most recent price hikes of everything flour related.

No comments:

Post a Comment